Freitag, 6. August 2010

World Heli Challenge 2010 - 7th Place

It´s thursday, last day of competition.The alarm goes down at 6.00 a.m., everybody is super stoked, but when we arrive at 7.00 a.m. in the parking lot we are still on hold, cause there are a lot of clouds up in the mountains. An our later everything is clear and a beatuiful cometition face is presented to us. The face is pretty steep and there a lot of cliffs to hit. Unfortunately its pretty icy and no powder in sight.

I´m coming with bib number 18, I have solid run and I am happy with it. My second turn in the competition face gets the whole snowpack under me going but I am able to manage the sluff and ride it out. My next turns brings me in to the main part of the face where I picked one couloir to an open field. Big turns to the next ridge, its really icy here. :D One last drop at the end and finish. I am super stoked, the othere riders are cheering. In the end I take 7th place. I was hoping for a bit more, buts its a judgement sport and the judges liked something else more. Overall I am still happy I got the 7th place overall in a competition with the best riders in the world like Ted Davenport and Chris Booth. I filmed my run with my helmet cam check it out guys.

Johannes was super stoked too. So excited about his line and everything around him. He had to compete against big names like Travis Rice and Andy Finch, so that you guys have any idea how good the riders really are at this years World Heli Challenge. Unforantely he wasn´t able to get to his starting point, cause the Heli couldn´t land there. So he had to pick a differnet line, which he managed awesome in the begining. But shit hit the fence and he slipped on a big icy field and crashed. Luckily he wasn´t injured and could finish at the bottom. Unfortunately the second run was cancelled, so we both didn't have another chance.

Now we are on our way to go surfing and have some fun..... :D

World Heli Challenge - Eric Helmetcam run

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen